Suggest a Postcard Guidelines & Conditions
About Suggest a Postcard
A simple and easy way to encourage our friends and family to visit our region is by sending them an inspiring postcard. For example, images or short videos that capture the region’s beautiful landscapes, our friendly people or a sample of the wonderful things to see and do, including events. We’re sure many of you will have some great ideas so our aim is to create a series of locally inspired postcards. We have some simple guidelines and conditions for you to follow to ensure your suggestion can be turned into a postcard ready and worthy to send. Guidelines for Suggest a Postcard
Guidelines for Suggest a Postcard
- Our focus is on highlighting what is great about our region, including its people. Please ensure that your suggestion is not only appropriate but worthy of sharing with our community and all our friends and family too.
- Please provide a great image or a short video (no more than 5MB in size) to bring your postcard to life. Please include your image or video credits too. Please provide images or videos in the following formats:
- Images: JPEG, PNG, TIFF and all mobile phone formats. Images should ideally be at least 1000 x 750 pixels, noting that typical phone images are 4000 x 3000 pixels. It is always best to send the image direct from your photo library in the original format. Please avoid reducing the size (downsampling) of the image where possible.
- Videos: MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI and all mobile phone formats. Because playback is best with videos no bigger than 720 pixels, videos will be reduced (downsampled) to this size prior to publishing.
- Please provide a short description about the image or video and why you think it should be made into a postcard.
- Please complete the required fields and wherever possible; the non-required fields too. This includes your name and the place, person or activity it is about. If possible, please include a link to the relevant website and a location (see more on locations below).
- Location, location, location – all our postcards can be ‘geo-tagged’. This means the place, attraction, event or business is easy to find for locals and visitors alike. The best way to do this is to find the location in Google Maps and simply copy the Google Maps address into the Location Field. If you are having any problems, just write in the address of the location and we’ll see if we can find it for you (we’ll definitely do our best).
- Finally, please don’t be offended if the image is not uploaded as a postcard. We might just have received too many or it may not have met our requirements or standards. However, we may add your image or video to the vPostcard gallery so keep a look out for it appearing on the site.
Conditions for Suggest a Postcard
- Our first condition is to seek your permission to use the image or video uploaded (assuming it is yours) for free in perpetuity (see Condition 4 below). By agreeing to the Guidelines and Conditions of Suggest a Postcard, you are providing permission for us to use the image or video for free for publication on either our vPostcard platform, to curate it for the purpose of creating a postcard or for the purpose of promoting the vPostcard platform or the destination to which it relates.
- We also believe it is important that we acknowledge the creator of the image or video. Please provide the image credit (name and/or organisation) so that we can properly acknowledge your great work.
- If the image or video provided or uploaded is not yours, please let us know who it is by so that we can seek their permission to use it. By law, we are unable to publish images or videos where we do not have expression permission of the creator unless they have already provided permission to use it for free. In such cases, we still like to check we have the correct information and give credit, where credit is due.
- If at any time in the future you wish to withdraw permission for use of the image or video, please advise us in writing and we will remove the image, video or postcard from our vPostcard platform as soon as practicable. We completely understand that there may be a wide range of reasons, including some cultural considerations, that mean providing permission in perpetuity may need to be revoked.